Essential oils are all the rage right now, but really they have been around forever and have been used forever. What is an essential oil? It’s basically an oil that has been extracted from a plant and while people think of essential oils as something you use for their smell, many are now finding out how healthy they are for your body.
One huge benefit of essential oils? Hair. Health. Essential oils can help your hair grow, help it be strong, or even help it shine. Did you know that our VoiceOfHair PureFix Hair Elixir has more than 10 different essential oils in it that can benefit your hair? Here are 10 essential oils that can be used for hair growth:
* Black Seed Oil – Black seed oil acts as a natural moisturizer that rids your hair and scalp of dryness. Black Seed is composed of nigellone and other antihistamine properties which have been found to regrow hair, which are ingredients that can make your hair thicker and longer. The anti-inflammatory components in black seed decrease the swelling on the scalp, which can hinder hair growth. Nigella Sativa is said to help move dormant hair follicles.
* Rosemary Oil – Beyond stimulating hair growth, rosemary oil is used to prevents premature graying and dandruff. It may also help dry or itchy scalp. Say goodbye to all your hair worries with rosemary oil. It infuses new life to thinning hair, gives you thicker locks, and helps treat dandruff. Additionally, this essential oil has also been found to stimulate hair growth and treat alopecia.
* Black Castor Oil – Black Castor Oil is made up of ricinoleic acid, Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, and Vitamin E which helps improves blood circulation to your scalp, and thus promoting growth. It also helps treat dandruff, reduce split ends and breakage.
* Avocado Oil – Avocado oil is very lightweight which is why it is easily absorbed and is often used as a carrier oil with other oils. Avocado oil helps stimulate blood flow and unclog blocked hair follicles. It is good for moisturizing dry, damaged hair by deep conditioning and strengthening it. Avocado oil is said to help reduce dandruff, prevent breakage, detangle hair and protect hair from damage. This oil is rich in antioxidants, minerals, essential fatty acids, biotin and Vitamin A, B-5 and E.
* Jojoba Oil – Jojoba oil mimics the natural oil sebum, which is produced in our scalp. Sebum nourishes our hair and follicles and maximizes the rate at which our hair grows. Jojoba oil has anti-fungal properties that help in getting rid of the layer of dead skin, dandruff, and dirt and leaves behind a clean and well-hydrated scalp.
* Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil
Rice bran oil contains antioxidants, such as omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, that have been known to nourish hair while slowing down the process of premature greying. The ferulic acid and esters present in rice bran oil stimulate hair growth. Additionally, rice bran oil helps to normalize the oiliness of the scalp.
* Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil
As an ancient Indian medicine, neem has been used to treat various skin and scalp conditions. Neem oil is very high in Vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant that supports hair growth. Neem oil has a high moisture capacity, as it helps the hair to better retain moisture that has been deposited. Neem also has regenerative properties that support healthy cell division and stimulate hair follicle growth and function.
* Carthamus Tinctoirus (Safflower) Oil
As a carrier oil Safflower Oil also helps relieve dandruff and gives moisture to dried follicles. It strengthens your scalp by penetrating the follicles deeply. Safflower oil is high in Vitamin E and oleic acid, which help to safeguard the scalp and hair. This oil improves circulation in the scalp and as a result, stimulates hair growth and strengthens hair follicles. Safflower oil also helps relieve dandruff and helps to moisturize dried follicles. In addition, it helps to strengthen your scalp and hair by deeply penetrating the follicles for excellent moisture.
* Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil
Linseed Oil comes from the flaxseed plant and is a good source of Omega 3, which contains natural ingredients that promote hair growth. Because of linseed oil’s anti-inflammatory properties, hair problems exacerbated by scalp psoriasis or eczema of the scalp may improve after applying it.
* Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil
Sesame Seed Oil is full of fatty acids, such as linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, which have proven to encourage hair growth and even prevent premature greying. Sesame Seed Oil can help to revitalize your hair and scalp from damage caused by over-styling and heat. It also serves as a natural way of blocking UV rays and protecting your hair.
So, as you can tell essential oils are really powerful tools in your beauty cabinet that shouldn’t be overlooked. The PureFix Hair Elixir has all of these oils plus another 15 ingredients that help seal in moisture, retain length and promote healthy hair. The next time your hair is in need of the perfect sealant or growth aid, check it out.
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- Live Customer Reviews of the VoiceOfHair PureFix Hair Elixir - March 15, 2020
- How to Use the LCO Method to Achieve Moisturized Hair - March 10, 2020
- Biotin & Hair Loss: The Untold Truth - February 27, 2020