What would you say if I told you there are 5 things you can do to help potential customers find you? Sound too good to be true? It’s simple, really. Now of course you can buy Google Ads and Facebook Ads to promote your brand. Those are great, but require an investment– but there’s something that you can do for FREE! You can utilize your Instagram account! (If you don’t have an Instagram account, this would be the time to go create one. It’s super easy and you can find out all about that here).
Here are 5 ways to help potential customers find you.
- Utilize Your Bio. That may sound simple, but many professionals on Instagram and especially stylists don’t do this. You have a limited amount of space in your bio so you need to optimize it with the info that your clients need, such as:
- Your location (city and state)
- Contact info (in addition to e-mail)
- What you do (are you a braider, barber, loctician, hairstylist, etc.)
- Your website (booking link or portfolio link)
2. Use Hashtags. A lot of people post their work and they expect people to find them. However, if you’re not using hashtags most people will never find you! At the very least, use popular hashtags and the hashtag of your city, such as #Hairstylist, #Hair, #ShortHair, #HairColor, #LongHair, #Fashion #Beauty and #VoiceOfHair so that potential clients and even others can find you.
3. Make Your Page Public. This is the biggest mistake I see business owners making. Think about it. If you’re trying to sell your product or service, why would you make your page private? Most people will NOT take the time to follow you to see your work if your page is private. I know there are a lot of people who go around stealing pictures from other Instagram pages— which is a real problem! However, if you properly watermark your photos then they are less likely to steal from you.
4. Have a Presence on Multiple Social Media Platforms. This is touchy for some people— but hear me out. While Instagram is a fast growing social media platform, everyone isn’t on Instagram. There are a still a lot of people who prefer to use Facebook or Twitter. If Instagram is your primary social media platform then you can easily share your content on Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter. It’s all about reaching as many people as you can.
5. Separate Your Professional Content from Personal Content. This doesn’t necessarily change how people find you, however it does change whether people take the time to explore your profile. When people are looking for a hairstylist, for example, they want to see pictures that give them confidence in booking an appointment. Unfortunately, they really don’t care what you ate for breakfast, what happened with your spouse or drama that you may have going on. You can still post pictures of yourself, but if it doesn’t relate to your brand then I would advise against it.
These may sound like simple tips, but trust me, these are basic things that you MUST do to ensure you reach your ideal customers. Are you struggling to get the exposure that you need to grow your brand? Join us on Monday, Nov. 23rd for a FREE WEBINAR on How to Grow Your Brand on Instagram.
FREE Webinar: Grow Your Instagram Account and Get More Customers
If you’re serious about growing your Instagram following then sign up for a free webinar on Monday, November 23rd at 9PM ET/ 8PM CT with VoiceOfHair founder, Brandy Green. She’ll be sharing more tips and steps she took to grow her account from 0 to 100K in just 1 year. You can sign up here or click the button below to learn more about the webinar.
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- How Fast Does Hair Grow and How To Make It Grow Faster - April 11, 2019
- Should You Really Be Oiling Your Scalp? - January 14, 2019
- 5 Tips for Prepping Hair for Protective Styles - January 4, 2019