So you just got your hair done, a few days go by and your head still itches! We all have been told the famous line “let your hair grow out some, it will go away.” I have fallen for that line many times and it always resulted in me taking out my protective style out early and losing out on my money!
GET RID OF THE ITCH!
Now having an itchy scalp is a different problem. If that’s what your struggling with then try the PureFix Hair Elixir, which is also a great scalp moisturizer (while promoting growth). It has a cooling sensation once you rub it in and it’s perfect for protective styles.
But if you’re whole head is itching immediately after getting your style installed it may be the synthetic hair that’s causing it. Thank GOD for Apple Cider vinegar! It has a ton of uses but I am going to walk you through how you can use it to get rid of the annoying itch. I know what you’re thinking, what does apple cider vinegar have to do with me and my itchy scalp? Well let me explain.
Synthetic hair is often based with alkaline. This meant to keep off mold. The alkaline is the thing that causes an allergic reaction to many of us and we want to get rid of it!
HOW TO START!
1) Decide where you want to soak your hair; you can use your sink or whatever is available to you.
2) Fill the tub with water!
3) Get your apple cider vinegar and pour one cup it into the water. You don’t have to focus too much on exact measurements! Just measure accordingly, make sure you don’t overdo it!
4) Place the hair in the water and let it soak for about 15- 20 minutes. I used weights to hold the hair down. After the time is up, a white film will appear at the top of the water and that is the alkaline being lifted off of the hair. Yay!
5) After removing and draining out everything, you want to give the hair one good quick rinse! Just to make sure that everything is removed.
6) Hang dry and you’re done.
Here’s a brief video to further explain the process, in case you need more details.
I hope this helps! Enjoy your itch free protective style! Have you tried this? Did it work for you? Comment below!
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know About Moisturizing Oils Vs. Sealing Oils - February 15, 2024
- 4 Simple Tips To Slay Your Edges that You’ll Love - February 15, 2024
- 5 Benefits of Peppermint Oil That Will Make Your Hair Feel Like New - February 12, 2024