Often times, as hair buyers, we battle with the notion of being sold artificial hair that is claiming to be human hair on the packages. With this type of trickery going on, it makes you want to shy away from your local beauty supply places. So how do you know if it is real or fake? Some stylists say by the texture of the hair, you will know. Of course, that method alone is not enough to depict fake from real. In a previous article, How to Find Quality Hair Extensions, VoiceOfHair offered tips on how to find the best hair extensions vendors. In this article, I’m going to share with you 3 ways to spot fake human hair extensions.
Recently, I was given the privilege of having my YouTube video be sponsored by a hair company called #HairFleek. They asked for my honest opinion and review on their Brazilian Kinky Curly hair extensions. Having this opportunity sparked my wanting to be able to differentiate fake hair from real hair. I had never heard of the brand so I quickly became a mad scientist when it came down to giving my honest opinion. Here are some things you should do and look for when purchasing weave:
- Research! – Go to your most trusted sources to find out all the information you need to decide on whether you should purchase or not. When I awaited the arrival of my bundles, I went directly to YouTube for hair reviews and to see if #HairFleek was legit human hair, if it shed or not, and if it would in fact look the way I imagined it. Another thing to look at is pricing, too. If the human hair is unbelievable cheap, then it is probably not human hair. #HairFleek’s kinky-curly hair goes about $50 a bundle. I considered this price reasonable, but I wanted to know why it was reasonable. When receiving the hair, I immediately did some tests to it, which brings us to the next tip:
- Check the fiber of the hair closely! – If the hair is really mixed with synthetic hair, you can find out. You can test it by putting a flat iron to it and examining the smell of the hair. If the hair burns badly, it’s fake hair. During my experiment with #HairFleek, I did a simple test of tangling the hair and combing out the curls thoroughly, and then I added water to it to see if the curls would come back fully. Sure enough, they did! It even detangled easily with just water as any real human hair should.
- Examine its details to determine its life span! – If you’re physically buying hair from a beauty supply store, you may want to stick with brands you have heard of, but if you’re the open-minded type, you must pay attention to detail. If you can get permission to feel the hair extensions before buying, do so. Some beauty supply stores have mannequin heads with the hair installed on it so you can get a feel of it. You’ll want to pay attention to softness and if its already shedding or not, thickness or thinness of the track weft, etc. As said before, these things can be researched if you’d like your work done for you. Especially if you are ordering online, you will have to go off what the reviews have to say. To close out my experiment with #HairFleek, I slept without a hair bonnet on with these extensions for three nights. This was to test to see if it would knat up and tangle. Surprisingly, I had none. I declared #HairFleek as human hair realness. Many so called human hair brands won’t last up to 5 days before it tangles and gets out of hand.
Now, what about you? Do you have any tips on spotting fake weaves?
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- 3 Simple Ways to Reduce Hair Loss from Stress - September 13, 2021
- Why You Need to Understand Your Hair Porosity - August 10, 2021
- 3 Simple Reasons Why Your Hair May Not Be Growing - August 2, 2021
How can I get to no fake extension hair for braid
This is really very exciting information in which you have discussed such an genuine way to get the fascinating tips of beauty which will absolutely help the women who want to look good and want to be a dissimilar from others.
This is really very exciting information in which you have discussed such an genuine way to get the fascinating tips of beauty which will absolutely help the women who want to look good and want to be a dissimilar from others. https://www.besttapeextensions.com/
What can I do if I was sold synthetic hair for the price of human hair