Let’s face it, sew ins and wigs are no longer just for those who want to have long flowing tresses. Some women may opt for these protective styles to try out a new look, while many naturals may wear them to make transitioning to their natural hair easier. Regardless of the reason, wearing wigs and weaves can help promote hair growth when they are installed properly. If you decide to switch up your look with extensions here are 3 things that you need to know about weave and wigs for hair growth:
#1 Wigs and Weaves can give your hair a much needed break
Over-styling and manipulation of your hair can actually lead to breakage and hairline damage. This is the perfect time to find a suitable wig that gives you a break from your full hair regimen and protects your hair. So rather than neglecting your hair, a wig allows you to follow a less intense regimen. However, it is imperative that you keep your hair cleansed and moisturized underneath the wig or weave to prevent damage.
#2 Wigs and Weaves are versatile and fun
Have you ever seen a hairstyle that you really like but you aren’t ready to commit to it yet? When you’re feeling like this it is the perfect time to try weaves and wigs. Weaves and wigs allow you to have fun with your hairstyles without damaging or cutting your own hair, because you can try different lengths, colors, and textures to find what suits you. The benefits to wearing wigs and weaves is that they can limit the amount of heat and chemicals need for your natural hair.
#3 Wigs and Weave can support hair growth
Most women will place their hair into a protective style like cornrows, small twists, or coils. It is this practice of protective styling that allows hair to undergo a growth cycle without the disruption of manual styling activities. If you decide to wear a wig to support hair growth, set aside time to care for your hair and scalp beneath the wig.
Check out these tips to promote growth:
- Moisturize your hair and scalp every other day.
- Massage your scalp with an essential oil to stimulate blood flow in your scalp.
- Keep your hair and scalp clean to reduce buildup that can lead to fungal infections.
- Limit the use of hair glues, styling products, or install techniques that could cause tension along your hairline.
Finally, check out the Voice of Hair PureFix Hair Elixir if you are looking for a lightweight nutrient-rich oil blend to simulate growth under your wigs or weaves. The PureFix Hair Elixir is a 6-in-1 hair and scalp treatment that works to support longer, stronger and moisturized hair.
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- 9 Beautiful Celebrity Women Who Rock A Beautiful Bald Head - February 22, 2021
- How Healthy Is Your Hair Quiz? Find Out Now - February 2, 2021
- Gray and Gorgeous: 5 Beautiful Gray Hair Ideas for Black Women that You’ll Love - January 26, 2021