Do you ever see the same people featured on hair social media pages? Ever wonder how to get your picture featured on these pages? Do you want to increase your follower count
Here are some tips to help you get featured:
- Clear pictures. As with any picture, the picture should be clear enough to see what is actually in it. Find good lighting, use a clear camera, and make sure the picture is displaying your entire hairstyle. If followers cannot see your hair, then what is the point of a hair page featuring your picture?
- Having a public page. You can have the most amazing pictures, but if your page is private hair pages cannot see your pictures in order to repost them, unless they are following you. Having a public page increases the chance of your pictures being seen.
- Tag hair/product companies. Companies love to see pictures of their hair and hair products in action and will feature you on their pages. Tutorial type pictures are great for this. Also, natural hair pages are an information source for naturalistas everywhere, so they are likely to post pictorials (picture tutorials) in order to share the information with their followers.
- HASHTAGS! Hashtags are probably the most used and effective way to get featured on a hair page. Many pages have a unique hashtag that they pull their features from, like #VoiceOfHair for example. Using effective hashtags will increase the number of pages that see your picture, thus increasing your chances of getting featured. Some popular hashtags for hair are:
#naturalhairdaily #protectivestyles #hair2mesmerize #teamnatural_ #trialsntresses #naturalhair #berrycurly #naturalchixs #kinkychicks #voiceofhair #healthyhair #blackboldandnatural #thecutlife
- Return the love. After you are featured on a hair social media page, it is common courtesy to give the page a shout-out on your own page thanking them for the feature. This drives traffic to their page and will increase your chances of being featured on that page again.
FREE Webinar: Grow Your Instagram Account and Get More Customers
If you’re serious about growing your Instagram following then sign up for a free webinar on Monday, November 23rd at 9PM ET/ 8PM CT with VoiceOfHair founder, Brandy Green. She’ll be sharing more tips and steps she took to grow her account from 0 to 100K in just 1 year. You can sign up here or click the button below.