As we age, our hair becomes thinner and more brittle, making it difficult to maintain healthy, luscious locks. But don’t worry! There are many natural ingredients and essential oils that can promote hair growth and help you achieve the hair of your dreams.
In this article I’ll share some DIY hair growth recipes for that you can make using essential oils and natural ingredients:
1. Aloe Vera Hair Growth Mask
* 1/2 cup fresh aloe vera gel
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil
* 1 tablespoon honey
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
3. Leave it on for 30 minutes.
4. Rinse your hair with warm water and shampoo as usual.
Aloe vera is a powerful hair growth ingredient that is rich in enzymes that promote hair growth and stimulate the scalp. Coconut oil and honey provide moisture to the hair and help to repair damaged hair. Be sure to use FRESH aloe vera for this recipe. This is because fresh aloe vera gel contains more active enzymes that can nourish and promote hair growth. To extract the gel, cut off a few leaves from an aloe vera plant, slice them open, and scrape out the gel using a spoon or knife. When applying the aloe vera hair mask, make sure to massage it into your scalp as well as your hair to ensure maximum absorption and benefits. Also, if you have any allergies or sensitivities, it’s always a good idea to patch test the aloe vera gel on a small area of your skin or scalp before applying it all over.
2. Rosemary and Lavender Hair Growth Oil
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup dried rosemary
* 1/4 cup dried lavender
1. Add the olive oil, rosemary, and lavender to a saucepan.
2. Heat the mixture over low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Let the mixture cool and strain out the herbs.
4. Transfer the oil to a bottle and store in a cool, dry place.
Rosemary and lavender essential oils are known for their ability to promote hair growth by increasing blood circulation to the scalp. Olive oil is a natural conditioner that helps to nourish the hair and promote hair growth.
3. Peppermint and Tea Tree Oil Hair Growth Spray
1/2 cup distilled water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
10 drops peppermint essential oil
10 drops tea tree essential oil
- Add all the ingredients to a spray bottle and shake well.
- Spray the mixture onto your hair and scalp.
- Gently massage your scalp for a few minutes.
- Leave the mixture on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water and shampoo as usual.
Peppermint and tea tree essential oils are natural stimulants that promote hair growth by increasing blood circulation to the scalp. Apple cider vinegar helps to balance the pH level of the scalp and provide moisture to the hair. One alternative to making this spray at home is the Nourish and Calm Scalp Mist, which contains tea tree oil, peppermint, apple cider vinegar, as well as horsetail leaf, rosemary extract and 10 other nourishing ingredients that can not only soothe the scalp but promote hair growth.
While these DIY hair growth recipes are easy to make and can be very effective, we understand that not everyone has the time or resources to create their own hair growth remedies.
Fortunately, there are many natural hair growth oils on the market that are a blend of carrier and hair growth oils, such as castor oil, coconut oil, and argan oil, that can provide similar benefits to these DIY recipes.
One great option is PureFix Hair Elixir , which is a natural blend of carrier oils like coconut, jojoba, and argan oil as well as essential oils like black castor oil, rosemary, and peppermint and aloe vera extract. This oil is designed to nourish the scalp and promote hair growth by stimulating blood flow to the hair follicles and providing moisture to the hair. Simply apply a few drops of the oil to your scalp and hair, massage it in, and leave it on or use as an overnight treatment before shampooing and conditioning as usual.
Whether you choose to make your own DIY hair growth recipes or use a natural hair growth oil, the key is to be consistent and patient. Hair growth takes time, but with the right ingredients and a little TLC, you can achieve the healthy, vibrant hair you deserve.
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- Everything You Need to Know About Moisturizing Oils Vs. Sealing Oils - February 15, 2024
- 4 Simple Tips To Slay Your Edges that You’ll Love - February 15, 2024
- 5 Benefits of Peppermint Oil That Will Make Your Hair Feel Like New - February 12, 2024