In recent years beauty bloggers and YouTubers have shined the spotlight on castor oil, as an amazing natural ingredient for hair and skin. Research has shown that this oil enhances the health of the hair follicles, and promotes hair growth. While it is is well-known for its amazing health benefits and has been in use for centuries across various industries, its benefits for hair often go unnoticed. In this article, we will discuss 6 benefits of castor oil for your hair.
1. Increases circulation to the scalp, which contributes to hair growth
Castor oil is made up of ricinoleic acid, Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, and Vitamin E which help to stimulate blood flow to the scalp. In doing so this helps to promote hair growth.
2. Helps Retain Moisture
Castor oil is nutrient-rich humectant, which means that it reduces the loss of moisture in your skin and hair. In doing so, it prevents your hair from becoming dry and brittle and is a good hair treatment for the hair. If you have dry hair/scalp, then it is a good resource for maintaining moisturized hair.
3. Strengthens Hair
Do you want your hair to be thicker and stronger? Using this oil regularly can help with that as well. There are many different oils and the best ones for your hair contain vitamin E and omega fatty acids, because they can help with brittle hair. We recommend using this oil combined with other carrier oils and applying to your hair or scalp for a pre-shampoo treatment before washing and conditioning your hair.
4. Reduces inflammation and fights fungus
Castor oil is loved by many because of its anti fungal properties. Studies have shown that when castor oil is applied topically, it reduces inflammation and fights fungus that can irritate the scalp and cause hair loss. If used daily, it can fight off scalp infections so that the hair can maintain its growth and strength. This will also help control the dandruff which is caused by oily scalp and itchiness.
5. Prevents Breakage
Are you trying to prevent hair breakage? This oil also helps prevent shedding, breakage, and regrowth when applied topically, due to its natural composition of vitamins. Using castor oil can help provide conditioning to the hair, and appear to fill in the damage on split ends. Some people do not want to use castor oil because of its smell or because of its thick consistency, which can be a bit heavy. If that is the case, don’t worry because you can make/mix different oils to get a better solution.
6. High In Protein
6. Castor oil is high in protein which maintains hair health. Consistent use has been reported by many users to help with hair loss, although there are no specific scientific studies to back the claim. However, your hair is made of protein and the composition of castor oil is full of good proteins that fortify your hair, helping it to feel stronger over time.
If you are looking for a natural solution that will help your hair grow, then use the castor oil on your hair and scalp as a pre-shampoo treatment before washing it. Or, you can apply it to your scalp 2x -3x per week to help with dry and itchy scalp. It is important to focus on nourishing your hair daily, no matter what product you use.
The Key Takeaways
Just in case you don’t have time to read the above information, no worries, I get it! That’s why I have included the key takeaways for you to read below at a quick glance. Castor Oil . . .
- increases circulation to the scalp, which helps promote hair growth
- is nutrient-rich, humectant which helps your hair retain moisture
- strengthens your hair
- reduces inflammation and fights fungus
- prevents breakage
- is high in protein which helps creates stronger and healthy hair
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- Live Customer Reviews of the VoiceOfHair PureFix Hair Elixir - March 15, 2020
- How to Use the LCO Method to Achieve Moisturized Hair - March 10, 2020
- Biotin & Hair Loss: The Untold Truth - February 27, 2020