One of the best things about natural hair is that it is so versatile! No matter how kinky, curly, or curly your hair may be, you need to realize that you have options! Naturalista @Dayelasoul shows us how she straightens her hair without using a flat iron, pressing comb or curling iron. Sound impossible? Trust me, it’s not! You’ll be blow away by the results, just like I was.
So what’s the secret? @DayelaSoul uses the Silk Roller Wrap or Silk Wrap Method. This method first stretches your hair out (using a roller set) and then after the hair has been stretched, it allows the heat from saran wrap to silk out the hair.
To use this method you’ll need:
- Foam Styling Lotion (such as Nairobi, ORS, Creme of Nature or LottaBody)
- Hard rollers, preferably wide in shape
- Plastic Wrap (Saran Wrap)
- Silicone Based Serum (such as Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anit-Frizz Serum)
Get the Look:
1. Starting with freshly washed and moisturized hair, roller set your hair and sit under a hooded dryer into your hair is fully dry. You wan to ensure the roots are tight and stretched as you roll the hair. *NOTE* This method may not work on hair that is not well moisturized or at a “decent” elasticity level (meaning if your hair is breaking off when you pull on it, this method is not for you).
2. Take out rollers, apply a silicone-based product throughout hair and wrap hair as smooth and tight as possible (don’t forget those roots).
4. Sit under the dryer with plastic wrap secured onto your wrapped hair, for several minutes, making sure not to start sweating because hair will revert. Sit under the dryer for 5-15 mins. You can use a hooded dryer or a soft-bonnet dryer, such as the Laila Ali soft bonnet dryer.
- Make sure your hair is moisturized well during your wash regimen.
- You must wrap hair with a silicone-based product, to get that silkiness when you come from under the dryer, NOT a moisturizer.
- My roots were very thick so you may proceed to straighten on low heat with a flat iron or leave it as it is because it still looks fab!
Check out @DayelaSoul’s Instagram for more of her hairstyle tutorials! What do you think about this style? Comment below!
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- Voice Of Hair PureFix Hair Elixir Clinical Trial Results - November 16, 2020
- 3 BENEFITS OF SATIN TO MAKE YOUR HAIR LOOK & FEEL HEALTHY - November 9, 2020
- How Long Can You Go Without Washing Your Hair? - August 18, 2020