If you wear your hair natural or if you’ve transitioned, you’ve probably seen or even purchased Curlformers. However, if you’re not familiar with the product, let me enlighten you.
Curlformers is a product that allows your to curl your hair without any heat. It was a co-creation between Hair Flair LTD and Sally’s Beauty Supply, to help women curl their without any damage.
The way it works is you connect that blue crochet need and you slip it through the curlformer (the mesh like rollers). Then, you pull your hair through the curlformer with the needle.
It’s kind of hard to explain, but YouTuber Brandi Lofton does an amazing job of walking you through this process.
When I tried them, I achieved amazing results on my wet hair and was really surprised by the results. Now, I want to be completely honest with you. When I tried Curlformers earlier this year, it took me a while to set my hair. Here are my takeaways from my experience:
- Use a good setting lotion. I used ORS Wrap/Set Mousse. This product was great for my kinky/coily (Type 4C) hair because it offered strong hold, without flaking.
- Don’t sleep in the curlformers. You can if you want to, but I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s really uncomfortable because the curlformers aren’t soft.
- Thoroughly detangle your hair before applying the curlformers. If your hair is kinky, like mine is, then you want to ensure the hair is detangled so that you can easily separate the curls without making them frizzy.
The price may set you back a little, (for the standard size pouch it’s $68.99 for 40 curl formers). However, it could be a good investment for you if you are looking for alternative hairstyles that won’t damage your hair. It’s not just for natural’s but there are many stylists who use them to style their client’s hair and provide beautiful curls.
Overall I recommend this product, however I won’t use them again unless I have ample time set aside. Have you tried it? Comment below![product id=”1740″]
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- How Fast Does Hair Grow and How To Make It Grow Faster - April 11, 2019
- Should You Really Be Oiling Your Scalp? - January 14, 2019
- 5 Tips for Prepping Hair for Protective Styles - January 4, 2019