As a mom to a newborn baby I’ve learned that every minute that I have to myself is precious. I wear my hair natural and used to enjoy trying different styles on my hair. However, these past few months I came to the realization that I don’t have the luxury of time that I once had, to mess around with my hair.
That is why I got so excited when I saw Tiffany (@uniqueeverything) rocking this gorgeous wig on Instagram! She used the #voiceofhair hashtag, so she got my attention 🙂 Her caption is really what hooked me:
This wig though?, the 34.00 was well worth it. I’ll keep y’all updated on how it holds up since it’s synthetic.
I thought to myself, hold-on, a wig— and only $34! I have to get the deets! Unfortunately (and fortunately for her) Tiffany didn’t order this wig online, she actually purchased it at her local beauty supply (Cocoas Beauty Supply) in Jacksonville, FL. However, she told us that the label of the wig says that it is from www.dianawig.com but she didn’t know the style.
After chatting with Tiffany, I learned that she actually wears a lot of wigs and tries to keep them all in the $20-$30 range.
Check out some of them below:
Tiffany also told me that when she isn’t wearing one of her beauty supply wigs, she likes to wear this short stocking cap wig, made by her stylist, @Ricflair_of_hair, located in Jacksonville, FL. This short wig she’s wearing was only $65 (plus the cost of the hair)!
So if you can’t find her wigs in your local beauty supply, then check to see if you hairstylist can make you a stocking cap wig, for an affordable price.
I asked Tiffany what was the key to making these affordable wigs look good. Here are her tips for slaying these affordable wigs:
- Turn the wigs backwards, for more body or turn the wigs in any direction and then lock the combs in for a whole new look.
- Maintain the wigs with fabric softener (letting them soak in it) to keep them feeling soft.
- No matter what- always have leave out in the front. Regardless of the style of wig or texture of hair, leave out is KEY to making the wig look natural.
So the next time you’re at your local beauty supply don’t pass up some of these affordable styles. Pick up the ones that you think would look best on you. You could slay on a budget for less than $35!
*UPDATE* Details on Tiffany’s purple bob wig:
The wig can be found at www.dianawig.com. Below are the specifics:
Latest posts by Brandelyn Green (see all)
- Say Yes to Healthy Hair: How to Stop Thinning Edges, Dry- Brittle Hair and Dandruff - March 1, 2017
- 10 Minute Natural Hair Hack Series: The Crown Twist/Halo Twist - February 27, 2017
- Waves on Swim: How to Get the Wavy Look Relaxed/Straight Hair - February 23, 2017