A girl can never have too many reds right? Right! You need a ‘red’ for the car, your purse, home, your other purse that you only use when you go out, etc. Here are 5 must haves for your collection!
These are 5 must haves because they are quality lippies and vary tremendously in pricing. Something for everyone! But what makes a good lipstick, “good”? Because I already know that red is good shade for me, first thing I look for in a red lipstick is the texture. Is this going to stay on my lips or my teeth? This is a HUGE reason why I tend to choose ‘matte’ type lipsticks. If the lipstick is too creamy, I can guess where it will end up. The next big thing I look for is the ‘long-wearing’ ability. If the lipstick is hard to get off of your lips in the store, buy it! That color is not going to fade and you will not have to continuously reapply.
- NYX Butter Lipstick “BLS29 LIFEGUARD” retails at $5.99 at most retailers
- MAC Retro Matte “Ruby Woo” retails at $17.00
- NARS Audacious Lipstick “RITA” retails at $34.00
- BUXOM Bold Gel Lipstick “Classified Crimson” retails at $22.00
- Absolute New York Matte Stick “NFA52 Dark Red“ retails at $6.00
Latest posts by Joi Light (see all)
- 5 MUST Have Red Lipsticks for Melanin Girls - March 13, 2017
- Ballin on a Budget? DIY Ring Light for $15 - February 24, 2017
- 4 Hairstyles That You Can Do Before The School Bell Rings! - February 9, 2017